Documents You'll Need
- Copies of W-2s for the last two years
- Copies of paycheck stubs for the last 30 days (most current)
- Copies of checking and savings account statements for the last two months (all pages)
- Copies of quarterly or semi-annual statements for IRA, CD, money market fund, stock, 401(k), profit sharing, etc.
- Copy of sales contract when signed by all parties
- Copy of canceled earnest money check when it clears or copy of corresponding bank statement
- Employment history for the last two years (address any gaps of employment)
- Residency history over the last two years with name, phone number, address and account number of landlord or mortgage company (if a rental property, need copies of leases with mortgage loan information)
- If commission or bonus income is applicable and is more than 25% of base salary, must receive copy of tax returns
- If paid off any mortgage in the last 2 years, need copy of HUD-1 Settlement Statement
- Copy of drivers license and Social Security card for all borrowers
- If refinancing, need copy of survey and home owner’s insurance policy
If Self-Employed Borrower:
- Copy of most recent two years tax returns (please include all schedules and, if applicable, K-1s)
- Copy of current Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Copy of corporate/partnership tax returns for the most recent two year period (please include copies of W-2s or 1099s)
Documents for VA Loans:
- Need original Certificate of Eligibility and copy of DD214 Discharge document.
- Need name and address of nearest living relative.
Additional Documents which may apply:
- If a previous bankruptcy applies, need copies of petition for bankruptcy (with all supporting schedules) and discharge
- Divorce Decree
- If you receive Social Security or retirement income, need copy of direct deposit bank statement and award letter